DAIKIN VRV LIFE
Daikin VRV Life – Flexible Comfort Technology to Fit Your Specific Needs
Flexibility of System Design – For a heating and air conditioning geek like me, this might be my favorite feature of the Daikin VRV LIFE system, especially for our neighbors here in East Dundee, IL where winters will challenge the average furnace to adequately heat the entire living area of most homes.
You will reduce power consumption because now you have the flexibility to turn off indoor units in rooms that are not in use! Imagine, you don’t have to heat rooms in winter when the kids are away at school!
Dual-fuel heating with heat pump and gas heat simultaneously. That’s right! The VRV LIFE system will automatically select the fuel source that is most energy efficient in meeting your zoned comfort needs. Automatically!
Quiet operation with sound levels under 58 dBA. With the average outdoor unit spewing out 70 to 80 dBA of noise, this can be a significant upgrade to your quality of life, reducing noise levels near outdoor recreation areas and contributing less noise pollution to the neighborhood.
Choice of gas or heat pump heat. This is another one of the gamechangers with this technology. Here in East Dundee, IL and the surrounding Fox River Valley area, we have a predominance of homes heated by gas furnaces, so it’s super-convenient to be able to turn off the heat pumps during extremely cold spells and let your gas furnace do the heavy lifting.
As frigid temperatures moderate, you can go back to spot heating based on your needs with the zone-specific indoor units and their hand-held remotes.
Built-in auto changeover between heat pump and gas heat. Yet another Daikin VRV LIFE gamechanger, these systems know when to switch between the heat pumps and the furnace. The system knows when it’s cheaper to run on gas or electric. Daikin’s VRV LIFE technology is the epitome of energy efficiency.
Continuous gas furnace heating during defrost avoids cold drafts. Another energy saving creature feature of the VRV LIFE, it’s a comfort to know that the air blowing out of your system will be warm when you want it to be, even at system start-up.
“My wife and I recently purchased a new home. As a part of the work needed was an A/C solution for a soon-to-be finished attic space for use as a bedroom. Additionally as the house didn’t have central air we were looking for suggestions/solutions to include the entire house. We reached out to several companies for recommendations and estimates. Mike at Compass Heating and Air was by far the most knowledgeable and helpful. He provided multiple solutions and took his time explaining them all to us. He kept in touch with us while awaiting the arrival of the system components. He started the installation on the date promised, and was complete within the stated time-frame. Mike and his crew were professional, friendly, and tidy! We are thrilled with our new VRV system and highly recommend Compass Heating and Air!”
– Donald P.
- Flexibility with mix-match of ducted and duct-free indoor units
- Reduced power consumption with flexibility to turn off indoor units not in use
- Dual-fuel heating with heat pump and gas heat simultaneously
- Space-saving with ability to connect 2 gas furnaces to one outdoor unit1
- Quiet operation with sound levels under 58 dBA2
- Choice of gas or heat pump heat
- Custom, selectable and programmable temperature to switch from heat pump to gas heat
- Add or remove zones without having to worry about ductwork
- Flexibility to switch between gas or heat pump heating at various temperatures
- Expanded range of heating capabilities with pump heat down to -4°F
- Built-in auto changeover between heat pump and gas heat
- Continuous gas furnace heating during defrost avoids cold drafts